Lookin for tips and tricks to maintain your car in India 2021?
Nothing is more frustrating than the feeling you get if your car breaks down on the highway. You should prepare yourself with the right information to have your car up and running.
Read on to learn the tips and tricks to maintain your car in good condition in India apart from regular servicing:-)
Besides familiarizing yourself with the particular model that you own, you should know a few other tricks as well.
- Wash your car regularly to prevent rust. All cars are going to rust, however, you can delay this process by washing all salt and chemicals from your car immediately. A good wax can help you preserve your paint for a long time. Check out our list of Best Car Shampoo Available Online.
- Modern vehicles are fitted with all kinds of warning lights and sensors that will tell you if problems persist. Sometimes the sensors themselves may malfunction, so check on your car manually once in a while.
- Get your car regularly serviced and do change your oil and oil filter periodically to keep your car engine in good health.
- Make sure you specifically request OEM (original equipment manufacturer) parts. These parts come directly from the manufacturer of your car. Generic parts may cost less, but you don’t know the quality of these parts as time goes on. It may cost twice the amount later so we recommend purchasing Genuine OEM components.
- If you think your headlights are not as bright as usual, you may need to clean them. Use glass cleaner to keep your lights clean.
- A spare tire and a jack are essential items to keep in your vehicle all of the time. A lot of cars come equipped with them. You would hate to be stuck somewhere you don’t know and need to pay a tow. You can save a lot of money by doing it yourself. Regular check the pressure in the tire for better driving stability and improved mileage performance. Use a handy digital car tire inflators to avoid issues related to a flat tire.
- Pay attention to any unusual sounds you hear when starting your car. Noise is something that can indicate a problem.
Make sure you do not neglect the radiator in your car. Run your car, turn off the engine and then open the hood. Never open the radiator cap if your vehicle is running. Check radiator fluids using a dipstick and remember to dilute coolant with water before putting it in the radiator. Measure the level of coolant in the coolant tank. Most manufacturers have markings of ‘F- Full’ and ‘L-Low’.
Not that many people read their car’s manual. You really ought to study the manual so you can locate useful information quickly. Your manual contains everything you should know about maintaining your vehicle and performing small repairs yourself.
Useful tips to maintain your car in India 2021
- If your headlights don’t appear to be as bright as they once did, check them to see if they are clean. Use glass cleaner to keep your lights clean.
- Never forget about your windshield wiper blades. You need new blades if the ones you have are streaking or making noises and leaving streaks on the glass.
- Warranties can be very important when you need to replace parts. Ask the mechanic about your warranty in regard to the parts they are installing in your car.
- Once you figure out what you can do to fix your automobile, go online, and search for spare parts and comparison shop. There are may websites you can use to get a detailed estimate of different repairs for your vehicle. Compare these estimates with quotes you receive from the shop. In this process, you can always rely on us.
- Replacing the bulbs on your taillights or taillight is much cheaper and you can do it by yourself. It is simpler to do in certain cars, however, no matter what type of car you have it will be cheaper than hiring a mechanic for the job. Ask someone you know if he can teach you how to fix these problems.
ALSO READ | Must-Have Car Accessories For Your Car India
How To Find A Perfect Mechanic For Your Car
- Do not assume that every auto repair service you find is a reliable option. Use the tips you just read the next time you run into issues with your car. The right effort and investigation can really save you the struggle later on.
- Make sure any mechanic garage you visit knows about your particular car model and brand. If you’re not sure, pay the extra to have a showroom dealer do the repairs. Although dealer mechanics can be hard on your budget, there are times when using them is absolutely necessary. The technicians at dealerships are trained to work on your particular model of vehicle you have. They have been trained for issues common to your car’s make. They also utilize regular auto repair training programs they take part in regularly.
- Speak with friends about where they get their auto repairs done for some good ideas. They might have used mechanics before and can help point you in the right direction. You should still do some research on the person they tell you about. At least look for reviews on the shops that they recommend.
- Consistency is very important when it comes to auto repair shops. Stick to a trusted mechanic whom you have used before instead of going around to various ones for repairs. Different shops have different opinions on your car. They could charge you more for repairs.
- Ask to get your old parts to be returned to you when a mechanic replaces a part. This will ensure that the repairs have really been done. This isn’t particularly necessary for the exhaust system changed. You should be able to verify by sight that the new exhaust system is installed.
- Don’t buy into the theory that you need a tuneup at 10,000 km. This is a rule of thumb that actually depends on the make and should not be followed religiously. You should follow the service and maintenance instructions provided by the manufacturer of your car.
- Once you got your car serviced you need to test drive on a road with little to no traffic. Start out slowly to ensure a good repair is done well before risking higher speeds.
- Keep a record of all the repairs that have been done on your vehicle over time. Keep these records inside your car. This will be of great help to you as well as for the mechanic to identify potential problems. It can help save time and costly diagnostic testing.
You now have all the information that will help you when it comes to auto repair. Learning tips like these should give you more confidence in dealing with car problems when they occur. Remember what you have read and know you can make a good decision.
This ends our blog on tips on tricks to maintain your car in India 2021.
Like Our Blog? Motivate our team by sharing it on social media.